Three Google Pixel 2 Models Launching Sporting Curved OLED Display Q4 2017
Two of the biggest surprises in the smartphone industry will return this year three times better as the Google Pixel 2 has just been confirmed. The Big G confirmed the Pixel 2 will launch later this year with rumors suggesting there will actually be three models launching Q4 2017.
The Google Pixel 2 will be one of the most anticipated smartphones in 2017 and will likely compete with other Android handsets such as the Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8. Three distinct codes were spotted on Android Open Source Project code which is expected to be the Pixel 2, Pixel XL 2, and a third variant.
The third version of the Pixel 2 is expected to be a mid-range model with speculation calling it the Pixel 2B. No details on the specs, but we can expect a smaller processor, plastic surround, and much smaller screen.
No official details have been made yet so take this info with a grain of salt, but we should see something by the end of the summer.
Top 5 Google Pixel 2 Rumors with a Great Deal of Truth
- Early rumors suggest we’ll see a curved OLED display on both sides creating a bezelless screen which will draw comparisons to the infinity screen of the S8 and S8 Plus.
- Snapdragon 835 SoC, virtually a foregone conclusion since everyone else is doing it
- Folding OLED display, highly unlikely, but it’ll be interesting to see
- No 3.5mm headphone jack, nearly impossible due to an ultra-thin design
- Google’s partnership with LG introducing the OLED panels in the Pixel 2
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.